Monday, June 7, 2010

Business Time

So all of the unbridled fun and excitement that took place yesterday was only an infinitesimally small quantum particle vibrating in the theoretical strings of a greater dimension when compared to the anti-fun and unexitement that took place today. As you might have remembered from my previous posting, my day today started out nice and early at 06:30 with a refreshing, brisk, and (in my case) potentially life threatening 600m in the pool. After this wonderful experience followed about ten hours of lecture based learning in a shiny, 70's themed disco type room, followed then by our first actual staff meeting with the Yukosuka Aquatics staff.

I'm kind of stretching the truth just a bit though. The day wasn't complete devoid of fun, I'm just more or less a little bitter because it was just a very, very long day. It was great to hangout with my staff and get to know them a little bit more, and then afterward I made a quick trip into the city with two of my most trusted allies. Since I am quite tired, this blog will be pretty short, and I apologize for that. I'm just gonna post some cool pictures from tonight and maybe provide some witty repartee. Also, I wanted to say thanks for everyone that is following my adventures. I have really enjoyed taking the time out of my day to sit down and blog, knowing that my close family and friends will be reading and enjoying my posts "state side.

The pet store lady's dog attacked me, and to recompense she allowed me to take this picture. The dogs name was 'Chako.' Not quite sure if that means anything.

This arcade was awesome. It was four stories, and very hard to leave. I will be returning here to spend the entire 24 hours of one of my days off. Japan has the freaking hardcorest gamers in the world I think.

For the game, you actually went INSIDE THE COMPUTER to play it. It's so simple...

HardXcore gamers. So fun to watch

Kinky pachinko, or what I have affectionately dubbed "pakinko."


This place was even better than the arcade.

JUST LOOK AT ALL THE MANGAS.

Bought this book for 400 yens. The cool thing is that even though its in Japanese, the pictures alone make it worthwhile and and enjoyable and relatively easy to follow the storyline.

First official "sushi go round" that I have frequented in Japan. Very good stuff. If you're unfamiliar with a place like this there's basically a sushi conveyor belt that moves right in front of your face, of which you are free to take small plates of sushi from at your discretion. Turns out, my discretion was not very discreet tonight. I probably spent more money than I should have.

It was good food though, so I'm not going to spend much time worrying about petty mortal concerns such as "yens." Life's too short ya know? A kind of funny story about this place though, when I asked the chef, "Sumi masen, wasabi kudosai?" {excuse me, wasabi please?}, he gave me a contemptuous look, and literally scooped up a glob of wasabi with his bare hands and threw it down onto my plate. I'm not sure if that's normally how it's done here, but it seemed a little bit excessive to me. Could be that I accidentally said something that I didn't actually mean to, but I guess we'll never know.

Well that's all for today folks. Sorry the post was short-ish, and not full of a lot of my normal humour. Like I said earlier, I am quite tired. Look forward to the next exciting installment of Ariston in Japan!

5 comments:

  1. That's very rude, Mr. Sushi Chef. 0__o Did you ask him with farts, Ariston?

    ReplyDelete
  2. BAHAHAH! You caught me...

    How are things in the states?!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. JAPAN...it's the next China....I'm coming to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. SERIOUSLY?!?!?! Please do! I'll show you all the cool things, like Monkey Island!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not just Japan. Chefs everywhere can be pompous. In upscale places in the US, they don't have salt on the table, because for a customer to put salt on their food implies the chef didn't make it just right.

    It may have been that.

    Or you may have called him something impolite. Who knows.

    ReplyDelete